CLIENT COMPLIANCE PRE-TREATMENT
1. Discontinue Accutane 6 months prior to treatment.
2. Discontinue use of Retinoic Acid products 2 weeks prior to treatment.
3. Avoid sun exposure, or the use of tanning bed for 4 to 8 weeks (dependant on the skin type of the patient), and self-tanners for at least 4 weeks, prior and/or in between laser treatments.
4. Report all skin diseases, viruses, infections, cold sores, eczema or allergies to treating practitioner.
5. Do not exfoliate, use glycolic acid, benzyl peroxide or any other skin irritants one week prior to laser treatments.
6. Avoid Microdermabrasion's, or peels for two weeks prior to treatment.
7. If the skin is red, irritated or sunburned, the laser session must be rescheduled.
8. Report all medication taken within two weeks of the treatment.
9. Avoid depilating for at least 6 weeks prior to your first treatment. Do not depilate with: waxing, sugaring, plucking, threading or hair removal creams before and/or in between treatments. SHAVING IS PERMITTED AND RECOMMENDED.
10.Discontinue using bleaching creams for 2 weeks prior to treatment and perfumed products (eg. Aromatherapy oils/Essential oils) for 48 hours before treatment.
11.Do not use sun blocking creams within 12 hours of scheduled treatments. consider wearing protective clothing cotton gloves for driving , or a hat to protect facial areas.
12.Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before laser treatment.
CLIENT COMPLIANCE POST TREATMENT
1. Avoid direct sunlight , tanning beds or self-tanners for at least 2-3 weeks after a treatment. Apply Sun protective cream of SPF 50+, 15 minutes prior to sun exposure, and 15 minutes afterwards.. Keep reapplying as needed throughout the day. Consider using protective cotton gloves for driving, a hat to protect facial areas.
2. If there are scabs or blisters, make-up should not be used for 3-4 days.
3. Avoid touching, rubbing, peeling or picking of the skin in treatment area, as this may cause hyper/hypo pigmentation, scarring or infection.
4. Gently apply pure Aloe Vera gel or antibiotic ointment to the treated area, twice daily until healed and dry.
5. A "cold pack" may be placed over the treated area to reduce swelling and/or discomfort for the first 2-3 days. Discomfort is usually minimal but pain medication can also be taken for pain and swelling if required.
6. For 1 week post treatment, avoid: hot showers, hot tubs and saunas. When showering and washing, gently pat dry and do not rub.
7. Avoid strenuous exercise for 24-48 hours following clinical treatment.
8. Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water 24 hours after an IPL session.